I Forge Iron

Congradulations Frosty

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet or not but I didn't see it anywhere and thought it was worth a congradulations to Frosty for getting an article "Building a Simple Gas Forge Burner" published in vol 15 # 3 of the Hammer's Blow magazine from ABANA
Maybe I'm a little late? but I just read it tonight and saw he won a pair of tong's for the article.
So congrat's Frosty!

welder19

Thanks but you should be thaning Brian Gilbert. He's the one who spurred me into cleaning it up enough to print, spend a lot of time helping as well. He also provided the process pics and references so you can compare.

I've been sending versions of it for years, finally saving a copy and cutting and pasting with revisions as needed. It must've finally gotten close enough to okay for Brian to try to save it. Well, sending it to a newsletter editor's list we both belong to might have had something to do with it. :rolleyes:

The tongs were a real pleasant surprise, Brian had already sent me a copy of the pattern issue of the Blow which was more than I expected. Finding the tongs at the P.O. was a day maker for sure. heck, it was a week maker at least. :)

Tunnel Mill was a good time, the first real hammer in I'd ever been to. AK is pretty isolated. I remember meeting lots of people but I don't remember a Skunkriv in the house and your Avatar pic is too small for me to recognize.

I hope to get back for sure. Deb and I plan on doing some traveling but it'll be a bit yet.

Frosty

Frosty - what's that supposed to be above? - a picture of you asleep at the wheel? I know better.

Ralph

Hey Ralph!

Good to see you posting here.

It's a picture of two goats, one baby, one old.

I fell asleep playing with baby goats once and woke up at the bottom of a pile of sleeping goats and one great pyreneese mountain dog. Fortunately I woke up and got out before Deb saw me or there'd be pics all over the web. :o

Frosty

3615.attach

• 2 weeks later...
Got a picture of the tongs?

welder19

Sorry it took so long but here are a couple pics of the tongs I got for my article in the Hammer's Blow. They're 3/4" flat bar tongs.

I'll be showing them off at the Association of Alaskan Blacksmiths meeting this saturday. Anybody in the neighborhood is welcome to stop in and . . . touch them. :rolleyes:

Seriously, I was honored to be asked for the article in the first place, getting these fine tongs was a step above and beyond.

They were hand forged by Phill Rosche and donated to ABANA to give folk contributing articles to the Blow.

Frosty

3904.attach

3905.attach