I Forge Iron

Some "irons" from Venice, Italy

trentinistefano

Hello guys! My name is Stefano, 54 old and I am an hobbyist maker with few machineries, little space but a great passion since 1988. This are my #374 and #375, both are one of a kind knives like all my knives, what do you think about these cutting irons? Cordially, Stefano :-)

Photo with the light background:
ST #374: total length 348 mm, blade 211 mm x 5 mm; stainless steel 440C, tempered personally to 60 HRC, mirror finished+ filework ; fittings are brass, handle is Afzelia burl+ pinkivory+ brass and black spacers. Leather sheath (3,5 mms) + pyton inlay.

Photo with the dark background:
ST #375: Total length 350 mms, blade 215 mms x 7 mms; stainless steel 440C tempered personally to 60 HRC + s.s 416 + s.s. 320, fluted handle is ebony.Leather sheath (3,5 mms) + engraved with the scalpel and ended with chisel granitore from 1 mms.

3533.attach

3534.attach

3535.attach

3536.attach

Hello Stefano,
Beautiful work on both knives! I just spent some time looking through your amazing website, and the collection of "cutlery" is astounding. And now I understand a bit more about the photography of your knives...two artforms come together.

Regards,
Makoz