I Forge Iron

Looking for workshop share near Bath

Hi - firstly - apologies if this is the wrong area to post this!

I'm setting up a workshop at home, or at least I was, but my neighbours (and building work) are becoming problematic before I've even started.

So, I'm wondering if there is anyone in the Bath UK area that only uses their forge / workshop part-time, OR, if there's someone who's in a similar situation and might consider sharing a workspace / industrial unit / other? I've got my own forge, anvils, etc - just need some space!

I'm quite new to blacksmithing but it's already great to be part of this community.

Thanks in advance,

Debbie

Hello Debbie, the best place for this post is probably in the Blacksmiths' Guild section, go to the opening page of IFI and head for the bottom; it is UK based and most British smiths will see a post there. Have you conacted JohnB (John Bellamy) at the Guild? He has a fair knowledge of who is where and what may be available, also people often come to him if there is a forge for sale and the like. Contact him on here via P.M. or throught the Guild's website (see below). Hope to see you at the International Blacksmithing Festival in August. Regards, G.

http://www.blacksmithsguild.com/

While I was studying Architecture I did a thesis on Bath Abbey(in my opinion one beautiful building) during my ''data search'' old fashioned way(early 80's)I found another of Bath's famous/notorious contributions to Architecture - The Yellow door - on the Royal crescent building. Over the years I have made two trips of ''pilgrimage'' to Bath enjoying it immensely . I love the 'up yours' mindset of the now famous Yellow door.

Sorry if the reference was a bit obscure!

Ian

• 1 month later...

I live near Bath too! Unfortunately I can't help with the workshop share as I'll be back and forth to university soon, and I'm currently in a tiny crumbling shed in my back garden I'm trying to restore. Just out of interest, where abouts have you been picking up your forging kit?