I Forge Iron

Howdy! Green hand from utah

Secor

My names David.
I've lived in the Ogden Utah area the last 20 years after my farther retired from the military.
I've been interested in moving hot metal since I can remember.
First glance at a real smithy was at mystic seaport when I was 8. A lady was hammering out S hooks with speed and I've been entranced ever since.
Once home I proceeded to burn up oxy-acc tanks faster than my dad cared for. I think he knew there was worse trouble I could be getting into, smart man.
First anvil was like many a rail track that someone else had finished nicely.
I'm not sure what mangled hunk of steel was the first item but the first with any use was a rebar weed cutter that I was XXXX proud of.

I've made a living as a welder fabricator in adulthood, started a family and chased little ones around the yard. It's only been recently that I've felt there's been time to start again.  Bought a rivet forge from the scrap yard and haven't had so much fun in a hobby as far as I can remember.
I've looked in as a non member for a while and I've seen this forum to be friendly and enthusiastic, I'm happy to be here

• 5 weeks later...