I Forge Iron

Another Frosty Style 'T' Burner...

Broomhead

• 3 years later...

Frosty wondering if you can shed some light on why I have so much trouble getting my burner started I have to shut the regulator down almost to zero and then slowly increase the PSI.  back it off and then increase it again and then finally it takes off and does good I'm wondering if I've got a bad regulator

How are you lighting it Bill? Are you putting a bit of burning paper in the forge and slowly opening the 1/4 turn ball valve? You shouldn't need to mess with the regulator to light it up. Heck you can even open the tank valve slowly though I really REALLY prefer to see a propane rated, 1/4 turn ball valve in the circuit as a reliable FAST shut off in case of emergency.

What kind of regulator are you using? A propane regulator RIGHT? If you salvaged an old acetylene reg the propane could have degraded any or all the rubber in it to the point of failure.

I really need some details about what you have and how you're operating it to be much help. Pictures of the set up and burner help too. lit or unlit.

Frosty The Lucky.