I Forge Iron

A better result...

After July's debacle, I went to another craft show this past weekend after spending some time building a display. I'd already made a couple of light-weight custom tables so I built a frame from 2x2's about 3 foot tall and overlaid that with a piece of 1/4 plywood, designed to attach to the table in an upright position. Stained and finished the wood with semi-gloss urethane, then mounted a variety of products - both custom examples and from my standard line. My wife also found some nice fabric to make table covers that accented the iron. The tables were then covered in product.

The difference in traffic from last month was like night and day. Although sales were not mind-boggling, we probably stopped at least 300 people and gave away about 100 cards.

I don't have the film developed yet and will eventually post a pic but I can tell you that the trick is to catch the public's eye and stop them in mid-stride. Thanks to all for the earlier tips...H