I Forge Iron

Show me your vise tools

Glenn

Show me your vise tools.

These are the tools used at or with your vise, post vise, machinist vise, as long as there is a vise involved.

post-1-0-39250400-1385362422.jpg

Vise Bending Forks

Easy to make, just weld a couple of pins into some angle iron. Put them in the vise and adjust the width as needed for the job at hand.

Glenn - Thats one of the tools on my ToDo list, simple and very versatile.

I don't have pics at the moment, but my scroll and other forms are mounted on angle iron and used in the vise. I think this is fairly common practice from what I have seen.

I did find a interesting use for my vise this summer. I needed to pull the tire of my riding mower to install a tube. I clamped a 3/4 round bar vertically in the vise, slid the tire over it as it had a 3/4 in axle and used half a flat jaw tong blank I had been working on but not finished to slip the tire off the rim.

This reminds me, I still need to make spacers.

Greetings All,

I posted this before but it works so cool I thought I would refresh your memories.  Vice jaw spacers that allow the vice to close parallel for a tight fit of the stock..  Just some 1/8 plates on a bar so you don't have to go hunting for a spacer..   Have fun they are easy to make..

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

post-30666-0-63508900-1385408405_thumb.j       post-30666-0-94029300-1385408455_thumb.j

Ok here is my vice tool it is mounted on my vice stand it is an adjustable table that can be set to support the end of a piece of stock that is being up set I designed it after I watched Danial Miller struggle with an adjustable base during a demo. Because my vice stand is portable I have it with me when I do demo's

post-3564-0-27208100-1385733635_thumb.jp

post-3564-0-40902600-1385733689_thumb.jp