I Forge Iron

Treadle Hammer, rollerblade,Clay Spencer, question??

Just finished building a treadle hammer, in-line(roll blade wheels) Clay Spencer design.the plans were purchased from ABANA. The last piece I assembled was a adjustable turnbuckle assembling. Upon operating the treadle hammer it appears to me that the turnbuckle assembly is too long??? Having the turnbuckle assembly at the shortest point and the foot treadle touching the floor there is 7 inches between top and bottom anvil. Rechecked measurements .. Swivel, anchor points and linked arms , found no drastic errors,, maybe 1/16th or 1/8th on one or two measurements. Also another thing that makes me think that turnbuckle linkages to long, returns up and hits the top assembly with considerable force if you let it "freewheel" to the top position
   The copyright date on my plan since 1998.  Any comments or recommendations much appreciated.. Thanks in advance

Just found an error. Bolted  anchor point for the adjustable link each on the top of the treadle foot assembly.. Should be on the bottom... Will make it an 1-1/2" shorter by doing that.. I'll see if that helps ????
           Still welcome any comments???

I did two things to correct the problem.. One as I said earlier,, bolted the adjustable turnbuckle on the bottom of the treadle assembly. Which  shorten it a 1 1/2" and used longer eyebolts to anchor the coil springs to.. Works perfect now!!!!! First project smashed a pop can..lol.. Will post a picture of the finished project probably tomorrow