I Forge Iron

Identification Help

You're thinking of the Vulcan brand, which has a similar logo, but is a cast anvil.
Real A&H's are quality anvils. In fact maybe you should sell it to me.....

Ummmm.... I think I will hang on to it for a bit hahaha well now that i know it a good anvil I will share the price and see if in your opinion i got a good deal or not. $100 I thought it was a great deal but...

This anvil was made by the Columbus Anvil & Forging Company in Columbus, Ohio.  It appears to be marked "Imperial" and "Warranteed" on the side opposite the A&H logo.  There were several hardware companies who had specially-marked A&H anvils made for them.  My 90 lb Belknap Hardware A&H anvil that falls into this category.  Richard Postman argues that Arm & Hammer anvils were the finest wrough-iron anvils made in America, and I have to agree with him.

You got an amazing deal on an incredible anvil.  Use it, enjoy it, take care of it so that it can be passed on to the next generation!

You could have dropped double that and folks would think you did OK *especially* in CA!

Nice little travel anvil---now to work on finding it's bug brother!

I have a 93# A&H for my travel anvil and a 515# Fisher for the main shop anvil

That was my thought Thomas, its very slim pickings here in CA. I do have a larger 350lb anvil thats my work horse but the horns a bit blunt and a real nice railroad track anvil for small stuff so this is a great middle ground.

ChrisBell, I was mistaken.
That anvil is absolutely garbage, some may even claim unsafe to use.
For your safety, and because I care, I'll take that anvil off your hands.
;)

Suurrreeee!!!! Black Frog i will mail it out tomorrow  :D

This anvil was made by the Columbus Anvil & Forging Company in Columbus, Ohio.  It appears to be marked "Imperial" and "Warranteed" on the side opposite the A&H logo.  There were several hardware companies who had specially-marked A&H anvils made for them.  My 90 lb Belknap Hardware A&H anvil that falls into this category.  Richard Postman argues that Arm & Hammer anvils were the finest wrough-iron anvils made in America, and I have to agree with him.

You got an amazing deal on an incredible anvil.  Use it, enjoy it, take care of it so that it can be passed on to the next generation!

Thanks you for the extra info Copilot, glad to hear they are thought so highly of by some.