I Forge Iron

My first arum lily.

Well this is my first attempt at forging a flower of any type and I am quite pleased, my only change would be to shorten the stamen a bit in future.

Here you can see a small crack just at the base where the petal meets the stem, this was caused by a wayward blow that caused the normally straight edge of the petal to develop a sharp kink in it that after I returned it back to its straight edge cracked once I started folding the petal.

13090014.jpg

13090015.jpg13090016.jpg

Comments are needed and are welcome.

Feel free to us my art as inspiration.  I'm always looking at what others do and put my spin on those pieces That grab my eye. Even if we worked side by side nether piece would be the same.

Where are you located in South Africa?  Went bow hunting around Kimberly and about 30 miles from Botswana in 2004.  Had a great time.  Will over night in Johannesburg in  July of next year and then on to Windhoek for a 10 day hunt.

In 2004 we hunted at Mongersfontien  south of Kimberly  and then at Matablas Game hunters which is only about 20 miles from the Botswana border in the North Province.  Had a great time at both places.  We drove through Pretoria on our way to Matablas.   Very different than Nebraska where I come from.  June 29th 2014 we are headed to Engelbrecht Safaris near Tsumeb Namibia.  Suppose to be 6 hrs. North of Windhoek.  Really looking forward to the hunt not so much the fight time to get there. 

• 2 weeks later...