I Forge Iron

My machines come to their new home.

This Saturday I was able to bring some of my machines to my new shop. It has been a long process building it and it was satisfying seeing some of my machinery finally come home.

post-2703-0-29779300-1378141053_thumb.jp

My Standard Modern radial arm drill.

post-2703-0-66122700-1378141083_thumb.jp

Elliot Invicata shaper.

post-2703-0-34305500-1378141105_thumb.jp

I still have a lathe, a nibbler and a few others to move not to mention connect the power, insulate and drywall.

It was a good day and I thought I would share.

brad

Oh you might want to think about sealing that concrete before you start slopping oil around. I used to have a really good sealer, but the newer government mandated  "environmentally friendly" formulas don't hold up as well to oil as the old ones did. I'd need to do some research before I could make any suggestions about current formulas.

Oh you might want to think about sealing that concrete before you start slopping oil around. I used to have a really good sealer, but the newer government mandated  "environmentally friendly" formulas don't hold up as well to oil as the old ones did. I'd need to do some research before I could make any suggestions about current formulas.

sodium silicate ?

We used to use a urethane based sealer designed for stamped concrete. The good "toxic" stuff I used on my driveway years ago resists everything including diesel fuel, tranny fluid and gasoline with no degradation. Mustard for some reason would cause stains. The newer stuff we got about 2-3 years ago when I last worked with it wasn't bad, but diesel fuel caused it to discolor badly. Something we found out about the hard way when a customer spilled some home heating oil on a decorative concrete basement floor we did.

The stuff on my drive even after several days you can just wipe it up or wash it down with simple green and there are no stains.