I Forge Iron

The Little Things That Make A Day Great

Archie Zietman

Hello.
Today I had a rather wonderful day. I started off going to a family friend's house and making a wooden mockup for a copper firepit for a charity New Year's Eve Party I am doing the decor/design for, and got some good time with a friend and fellow craftsman, as well as some lovely bruises from flying fiberboard. I biked home, then I went to buy charcoal at Whole Foods Market, and found that they had a lovely discounted kind of charcoal. I'm not sure if it is a promotion or not, but it comes in orange paper bags instead of brown paper with drawings, and cost me $2 less per ten pound bag. I bought two as is my custom, and saved $4. I then went home smiling, and made a good start straitening and forging a railroad tie, had a lovely picnic on the harbor with my family. I love days when everything goes perfectly and lots of simple pleasures accumulate and make a peaceful weekend so satisfying.
What things make your days?
All The Best,
Merry Being,
Archie

Archie,

People "attract" what they concentrate on (like friends and simple pleasures instead of flying fiberboard).

Your post reminds me of a story I tell me nieces and nephew....

One evening an old Cherokee told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said, “My son, the battle is between two ‘wolves’ inside us all.

One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: “Which wolf wins?”

The old Cherokee simply replied, “The one you feed.”

Pam