I Forge Iron

Gas Forge Finally Up

Sakadt

Hey Guys,

So back in November I went down to Tuscon to visit Harold (HWHII) to get my gas forge up and running. When I started it looked like this. 

1.jpeg

3.jpeg

After spending a Saturday with him we (Mainly Harold) reworked the burner assembly. After returning home it sat, and sat, and sat. 

so After dreaming up a few changes, to the body and the burner I started looking for burner ideas here and came across Dave Hammers video on youtube on how to make a self aspirating burner, which you can find here.

After talking with Dave on the forums, I set out this last Sunday to build the burner and finish the forge. 

And here are some pictures of everything as it sits now. With the exception of how the new burner sits in is now held more level but multiple set screws instead of just one for the top.

Forge

photo5_zps8941df7c.jpg

photo42_zps6e21ae00.jpg

Burner

photo2_zps54ef62fb.jpg

I just wanted to share this with all you guys and here and say a special thanks to both Harold and Dave.

Finally if anyone has experience tuning a Valley Forge Regulator pictures below. Please let me know. As is right now, the knob if turn complete either way does not effect my PSI out put.

photo3_zpsd11b84db.jpg