I Forge Iron

A wedding Gift

scoobshagg

I had a friend get Married last weekend down in Kentucky, and as a wedding gift I made them a pair of flowers. It was a bit of a rush job and it does show a bit, but they didn't turn out all that bad.  I knew that they wouldn't have much starting out now body ever does when first getting married. But I felt like they should have some kind of art type thing to look at and admire from time to time.

I took some 1/4inch and hammered out the stems, took some round flat's that I've had laying around to make the flower. Used a set of heavy duty tinsnips to cut out the design for the petals.  I textured the petals and then hot riveted the whole thing together using the stem as the rivet. I won't lie it took me a couple of heats to get the flower, stem, and hammer all set just right so I could rivet in one heat. Anyhow please let me know what you think.

Resting on the picture of the Great Pyr who saved my life a few years ago we have a flower a friend made Deb and I for our wedding. It's a treasured wedding gift.

The flowers you made will be treasured for may years. Perfection isn't the important factor in gifts, it's the time you invest making them that counts. Those are fine flowers no matter how you cut it. Well done.

You joined the petals to the stems with a peined tenon. FYI<wink>

Frosty The Lucky.

• 1 month later...