I Forge Iron

TV Interview

Nick

Today I got interviewed by the local news station, TV-6. My wife works with the daughter of one of the main anchors, and I got a call asking if I was interested in an interview!

The interviewer started out with a short interview outside the shop, then we went inside and I forged a medieval bodkin arrowhead, just to show a simple project from start to finish. It took about five times longer than it normally does, because she wanted to get each thing from a different angle so I had to wait for her to adjust the camera before doing something. But it worked, so it's all good.

After that she did the bit that introduces the piece and the final monologue. For the final monologue she wore the 14th century arm harness I've got completed over her blazer and held my in-progress greathelm :)

Not sure when it'll air, but it was fun. I always thought it would be neat to be interviewed, but I didn't think I'd actually get the chance!

Nick

Nick, I have been interviewed several times while at Blacksmithing Conventions and several times while I was demoing, I was always the scape goat as most people get stage fright in front of a camera and have a hard time speaking. The first couple of times was the worst as the Lens on the TV Cameras is so large and they get right up in your face and you can see yourself. Several times I had the urge to just borrow a comb and use the reflective camera lens to comb my beard, just for the heck of it. LOL