I Forge Iron

Albany Oregon Here!

Hello everyone, Ive been on the forum for a while trying my best to soak up some of the seemingly endless amount of information. This has got to be the greatest resource I know of for blacksmithing/bladesmithing. I thought I would throw in a picture of my smithy, everything has to be mobile and is stored in a little shed. annoying but it works actually quite well. Ive been selling quite a bit of stuff on ETSY and Im steadily growing my skills and tools to allow me to do more. The propane forge and forge cart I built from scratch, and the anvil stand for the smaller anvil I also built. I live in the middle of town and thankfully have some understanding neighbors that dont seem to mind the noise...

post-37219-0-41334200-1369798501_thumb.j

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in your header you'll probably be pleased to discover how many f the IFI gang live within visiting distance.

Looks like you have a pretty decent basic kit, I spent a number of years forging in the yard of a trailer court and kept everything in a small shed. Only had one anvil though. <sniff>

So what are you selling? Who is your market, or can you really tell selling on ETSY?

Frosty The Lucky.

Mostly home decor stuff. A lot of stuff with horseshoes too, here is my shop page  https://www.etsy.com/shop/BackyardBlacksmithin

As for market? Heck whoever appreciates what it takes to make things by hand and is willing to pay the extra for a true made in USA local product. I sell a lot of stuff just word of mouth here locally but I have done pretty good on etsy in the last few months too.

So where do I need to put my location in? I will add it to my profile but other than that just search albany OR?

Ayup, you found the place in the header, thank you.

I checked out your web page and your products pretty much define your market and it's a good one. There are a lot of folk wanting hand made items in the home and yours look very nice.

I have one suggestion for twisted pulls, the ladies often find square corners uncomfortable, not bad but a little bit, they like a softer touch. I find cable/rope twists to be VERY popular amongst the ladies.

I'll bet the heart wall hooks go like hotcakes.

Frosty The Lucky.