I Forge Iron

Grizz

Grizz

Thought I'd intorduce myself finnaly, I've been working with metal for a while now, my steel fabrication buisness celebrates 20 yrs this year and I started smithing about 14 yrs ago. Now not only do we do Blacksmithing and general steel fabrication, we do copper repousse' and raising.

Also one of the greatest acheivements my son has now offcially ( that means full time ) has joined our crew. He has taken over the estimating and oversee's the office operations ( I'm so proud):):)

Grizz; Welcome to IFI.
Sounds like you hit the jackpot to be able to have your son work with you.
That would have been a dream that never come true for me with my son.
For your information, we have a very active member of IFI (Rich Hale) who lives in Phoenix also. He is a world class knife maker.
He is the “Q” in quality, and I have learned a lot from him.
Several years ago I was a student of Nahum G. Hersom (AKA.) Grandpa. He owns the Golden Pheasant Art and Metal Shop in Boise, Idaho. He is a legion in my mind as well as in others.
He taught a 6 full day Repousse' course. The training he provided me got the ball rolling for me to do Repousse’, and I still use Repousse’ concepts in my work. I believe every specialized area of metalworking we can pick up on helps round out a blacksmith.
Glad you are aboard, and I hope you are willing to share some of your knowledge!
Be safe!
Old Rusty Ted