I Forge Iron

Forging Hammer Making Class

Here we go again! This time we will be holding a hammer head making class with world traveler and professional iron smasher, Matt Garton! Matt will be working with us to make a NEW TANNEHILL STYLE HAMMER! Each workshop goer will go home with a new hammer and the knowledge to make more. There will be a Boston Butt BBQ served with all the fixin's for lunch. The cost of this workshop will be only $85 and will include everything. There will be Iron In the Hat to pay for lunch, so bring something nice!

​ Registration info is as follows:

Hello Fellow Blacksmiths,

Now is the time that we will begin taking registration for our Hammer making Class that will take place on Jun 22nd and 23rd. 

The cost will be as follows:
One Day (either Sat OR Sunday) - $85
You are guaranteed at least one hammer of the size of the three you would like... If time permits you may make two
Two Days - $150
You are guaranteed two hammers of your choice and if at all possible you will leave with a full set of three
The hammers will be made of 4140 tool steel and feature a square face and your choice of peen. There will be some aesthetic work to our hammers but, how far you go is up to you 

There is free camping to those in tents however you must pay the gate fee of $3. RVs will have to camp at normal pricing in the designated camp ground.
There are many hotels in the area if that is more your style...Contact me and I will send you links.

Now for registration..... Everyone that receives this email is because they have said that they are wanting to be part of this class. YOU MUST SEND IN A MATERIAL DEPOSIT BEFORE YOU ARE REGISTERED! this tools steel is too expensive just to buy it for some one that doesn't show up

If you are attending one day the registration is $35... For two days is $70
Please send a check or money order to:
Lee McKee
4118 Lindsey Loop Road, 
Bessemer AL, 35022

Please let me now if you are going to camp or stay in a cabin, also let me know if BBQ wont work for you, we can make tofu or something
Any question can be directed to me...
Thanks, Hammer On!
Lee McKee
Resident Artist, Blacksmith / Tannehill Historic Ironworks State Park
Program Developer / Alabama Art Casting

*If you have time check out our links!*
Tannehill Historic Ironwork State Park
www.tannehill.org
Iron and Steel Museum of Alabama
https://www.facebook.com/IronSteelMuseum?fref=ts
Tannehill Forge school of Blacksmithing 
www.facebook.com/pages/Tannehill-Forge-School-of-Blacksmithing/223833204346445
Alabama Art Casting
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alabama-Art-Casting/158958187458472
www.alabamaartcasting.org

post-23712-0-51281600-1368622567_thumb.j

No.... Sorry if it is misleading. the registration is part of the class fee. 

One Day - $35 Registration + $50 day of the class = $85

Two Days - $70 Registration + $80 day of the class = $150

Hope to see you There!