I Forge Iron

Branding Iron Bar 3

Paul Crosby

I thought I would try something creative. My stepson is a manager of a bar 3 BBQ in Bozeman MT. On my visit this last February I thought it would be cool if he had a branding iron for his restaurant to hang on his wall. This is what I came up with. It is 17 inches long, 14 inches tall when the handle is up. The brand itself is 5 1/2 inches in diameter. It's all made with mild steel. 1/4 inch square and 1/8 inch flat 3/4 inch wide. I made it so the handle moves up to brand and down to hang on the wall. It was all formed using my forge and welded with a wire welder. I made rivets from nails for the handle and to join the circle.

07428dcf3c4f7a9fcdc2061460699183_zpsc9bb

08b3e68b6c27094b13aa45cdf3d111d4_zpscd3a

Not bad Paul, not bad at all. While it's not a real branding iron it's a good representation of the spirit. Real branding irons are awkward to hang, especially in public places, that's why branding irons are behind the bar, or high enough so as to be out of reach.

This gets the idea across loud and clear without trying to pretend to be something it's not. Darned near perfect.

Well done.

Frosty The Lucky.