I Forge Iron

A customer had seen a larger dirk that I had done recently and requested something a bit smaller...more in the 10 inch range. He was kind enough to give me full artistic license and I came up with this smaller dirk. The overall length is 10 inches so just in between a sgian dubh and a dirk. The guard is nickel silver, the blade is forged 1084, and the wood for the sheath and handle are curly maple. I wasn't able to photo graph it quite right and it kept coming up more reddish. Another thing is that I was in such a rush to snap the photos before I ran home that I forgot to slide the knife all the way into the sheath (my blonde moment of the day) but the knife fits into the sheath with a nice "click". The sadder thing is that I didn't notice until I was looking at the pictures on my computer...

In any case here is the knife that I have dubbed Bumblebee for obvious reasons. Thank you for looking and all comments are welcome.

IMG_7294_zpse44b662c.jpg

IMG_7297_zps0714a54f.jpg

IMG_7302_zpsc9c818be.jpg

Thank you for all of the kind words everyone. This knife was an astonishingly simple build but turned out to be a pretty little thing. Tanto, I would normally agree with you 100% but when the pieces were just "blank" is was nice but looked as if it were missing something. Looking back I think I would have preferred to just have the one trinity knot on the sheath. But that gives me room for next time!