I Forge Iron

Side blast blower angled downwards

Joel OF

A little while ago I bought an Alcosa F20 hand cranked blower that's meant to bolt flat onto a side blast forge. As I have bottom blast forge I want to make a stand for the blower and hook it up to the existing pipework under my forge with some flexible pipe.

As the blower is quite heavy I was thinking of rotating it through 90 degrees, (meaning the air would be directed straight down), so there's no shear weight from the blower on the bolts/stand which would mean the stand is much easier to make. Is there any reason not to do this?

Oil ressivor or oil cups? I'm not familiar with the blower, if it has a gear box then the oil ressivor May not hold oil or oil the gears and bearings. Some have separate housings for the gears and blower and can be indexed to alow different configurations. The same problems with oiling cups. Of its one that runs on greased bearings.then it shouldn't be a problem

• 2 months later...