I Forge Iron

New-ish from Michigan

Ken73

Well, I started into blacksmithing 5 years ago and had to give it up before I ever really got going.  Life has settled down and allowed me to get hammering and I'm really enjoying it so far!  Just looking to learn and hopefully connect with some smiths in Michigan to learn even more.

Greetings Ken,

I'm a long time member of the Michigan Blacksmiths group..  We have alot of good people who are more than willing as I to help you learn..If you log on to michiganblacksmiths.org you will find some great events that you sould take advantage of..  March a meeting at Larry Carrigans near Jackson  and a May hammer in at Lance Olsens ..  Both are great and are close to you...   Welcome and I wish you well

Jim

Welcome Ken. There's a group from the Woldumar Nature Center in Lansing and they meet I believe the 4th Tuesday of the month either at someones shop or at the Blacksmith Shop on the nature center property in the warmer months. If you're interested in meeting up with them shoot me a PM and I'll get you in contact with one of the officers. Most of them are also MABA members.

Thanks for the welcome!

Thanks Jim. Will be mailing my application to the MABA tomorrow. I'm scheduled to work on the event days the next couple months but should be able to take a day off for the hammer in. Sounds like a good time!

Jeff thanks for the info on that group. That's pretty close to me I'm definitely interested.

Welcome Ken. There's a group from the Woldumar Nature Center in Lansing and they meet I believe the 4th Tuesday of the month either at someones shop or at the Blacksmith Shop on the nature center property in the warmer months. If you're interested in meeting up with them shoot me a PM and I'll get you in contact with one of the officers. Most of them are also MABA members.

PM sent for more info.

Greetings again,

Forgot to mention ... Lance Olsen has a open forge on Tues.  eve  Lots of good folks....  Parma Mich   not to far from you

Welcome again..

Jim

Thanks Jim I'll have to check that out!  I take it "open forge" means you just show up, no need to call or know anyone there?