I Forge Iron

Weight of a Chambersburg 300

Does anyone know the approximate total weight of a chambersburg 300.  In contacting a moving company, I assume they will want to know the approximate weight.  All I know is that it is very very very very very heavy.  Or, who to contact that might know or where to look.  

I do not, but my 3B Nazel is 13,300 and change...anvil and frame and motor. (book on it is 10,500 so it is a bit more than the catalog weight).

I have the Chambersburg catalog, but no weights are given.

As far as I know Chambersburg closed and auctioned about a decade ago.

I hope someone else is of more help.

Ric

I have the small booklet that was delivered with the hammer in 1958.  It has a checklist of all the parts that came with the hammer and has that it's a self contained hammer.  It indicates that the hammer is a 300 lbs, type 1, one piece, having the anvil integral with the frame, Size 300 lbs falling weight.  

I do not, but my 3B Nazel is 13,300 and change...anvil and frame and motor. (book on it is 10,500 so it is a bit more than the catalog weight).

I have the Chambersburg catalog, but no weights are given.

As far as I know Chambersburg closed and auctioned about a decade ago.

I hope someone else is of more help.

Ric

My bad, there is still a listing for them on the web, though.

I was told by a reliable source who attended the Chambersburg Engineering auction that orientals had winning bids on the blueprints and files.  By guess would be that an Anyang of the same weight hammer head would come in a bit lighter because tthey do not use the gear drive system on the crank-to-motor system.  Bergman is the best info source fer shur.

According to a specification sheet dated 1-31-44, drawn up by Henry Weyer (who designed the CECO pneumatic hammers), the 3CH had an approximate total weight of 11,900 lbs... a bit more than the Nazel/Lobdell at 10,560. Definitely wear your lifting belt!