I Forge Iron

Interesting blower I found..

danguite

I found this blower this weekend and picked it up. It rotates well and looks to have originally been belt driven. I can't find much about this other than that the inventor(JF Winchell) also has patents for forge hood designs, and a bunch of other things. Anyone seen something like this before? aCQxbGU.jpgBEHO5R1.jpgZ9ATv98.jpgVjQuHbS.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Mr Dan, I have an old lever operated forge with a blower similar to yours. I had to make a belt for it. You can either pull the shaft to install it or lace it up in place. I sewed it together on the pulley with no problems. Carve small grooves on the pulley side of the leather to keep the thread flat. It bolts on under the forge pan kinda upside-down. It is not designed for an electric motor as it doesn't run on bearings, just babbit. You could try to put a motor on it just reduce the speed way down. Also that leather belt can have an incredible amount of slack in it and it will work just fine. Good luck with it.