I Forge Iron

February 2013 Meeting

• 2 weeks later...

Bring money. For Iron in the Hat tickets, lots of tailgating-tools, etc for sale, Blue Moon Press books will be there, and if you wish and haven't already, $20 dues to join the Guild.
Otherwise just be prepared to take in alot of information.
And have fun. See you there.
Richard

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a newbie too and will be going for the first time.  Hunter Perkinson signed me up already, i'm going with him.  I'm looking forward to it!  I've got my CVBG application filled out and will bring it along to join. 

Steve

Thanks Richard, I'm looking forward to it.  I hope the rain doesn't put a damper on the tailgating.  I'm hoping to find a coal forge, bigger than the rivet forge I have.  But I'll be prepared and bring my boots and rain gear.  I won't let a little liquid sunshine spoil my fun.

Well I mad it out to Boone's it was a liitle to coldand damp for my littel ones so I had to leave shaortly after getting there. I left just as "Iron in the Hat" was getting started. What littel I did get to see was great, Dan Boone's workshop is amazing. I was so happy to see all the great stuff available at the tailgating, and the handmade table for the "Iron In the Hat" had such a variety of crasftmanship. I regret that I didnt get to meet anyone from the Guild or get to formally join, but Im really glad that I went and got to enjoy the wonderful hospitality of the Boones.

I had a great time!  From the demo, to Dan's shop, to the iron in the hat, to the tailgating, to the great people, it was a blast.  I picked up another vise and an ancient hand-pump forge, tongs, hardies and a few other goodies.  I gave Bruce my guild application too.