I Forge Iron

How to forge a Qing target arrow head

Hey fellows,

here you have a little sketching about how to forge a Qing target arrow head used in traditional manchu archery. A video in which I will show the technique put into practice will follow soon. I have to admit I am a better smith than an illustrator ;-).

424071_494135960624983_1344418319_n.jpg

Yours

- Daniel

post-24406-0-48847200-1358712606_thumb.j

Geeze Daniel if you're a better smith than illustrator then I'll really be looking forward to your video, it'll be a treat. Your illustration is near perfect without going to the drafting table or CAD program.

Well done, don't forget to post the link to the video.

Frosty The Lucky.

Geeze Daniel if you're a better smith than illustrator then I'll really be looking forward to your video, it'll be a treat. Your illustration is near perfect without going to the drafting table or CAD program.

Well done, don't forget to post the link to the video.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thank you Frosty! Yesterday I made a video about a european arrow head: http://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/31505-video-forging-a-european-arrow-head/. These tanged ones are much harder to make than the socketed ones so a video about them will follow soon, but not immediatelly.

• 2 weeks later...