I Forge Iron

Hello from Ottawa, Canada

Ricko13

I figured I should post something here seeing as I have already posted something in the Anvil section... hehe

I got the "bug" about a month ago. Me and co-worker of mine were talking back in April, and somehow ended up talking about old school blacksmiths etc... he knew a guy that gave classes and we both agreed to go for a weekend. We got an "appointment" for 6 months later... that was the end of October.

Spent two great days with Don Mackay, which used to be the historical blacksmith near Perth Ontario and learned the basics... and I was hooked. The weekend after I had my first anvil, forge and post vise. the weekend after that, I had over 50 different hammers, and then the weekend after that I had another anvil.

I only fired up my forge 4 days ago.. and the time spent was bliss. I'm itching to get back at it.. but the shop isn't setup yet, inside a garage for now, and limited in time due to hunting season.

I've been snooping on this site for quite a while and like the community and hope to learn quite a bit.

Cheers,

-R