I Forge Iron

Experimental Archeology Conference Jan 11&12 2013, Wales

Saw this on the Arch-Metals Mailing list; wish I could attend!

The 7th Experimental Archaeology Conference is scheduled for Friday 11th to Saturday 12th January 2013, to be held jointly between Cardiff University and St Fagans National History Museum. Details can be found at:

http://experimentalarchaeologyuk.wordpress.com/

Some of you may be familiar with the bloomery experiments done at St Fagans, (Alas gone back to the primordial mud now).

Also a tip if you visit St Fagans: If there is a fire in the celtic round house sitting down brings you out of the smoke zone and it becomes quite pleasant inside. We visited on a cold rainy day...

I did my first degree in Cardiff and I was often in and out of the National Museum and St. Fagans (free entry to each Museum!), never getting tired of the displays and buildings. I used to sit in at some archaeology lectures when I had time, the experiemental stuff (from horn-work to metal) was always very interesting.

Will you being going to this meeting Mr Budd? I guess it's your sort of thing, but may be a bit political if there are to be so many academics in one place.