I Forge Iron

Another West Aussie

AdamK

Hi Guys,

Been trolling here for a week or so picking up plenty of good ideas in the process. I have been wanting to have a go at knifemaking for a while but wasnt really sure how to start, when I came across julian60's vid on youtube and have been trolling ever since :) Just completed my first stock removal knife and would like to eventually try my hand at forging (supplies are pretty scarce around here) and related crafts like leather work etc. Looking forward to learning alot from you guys and having plenty of fun in the process!

Cheers
Adam post-26878-0-27969700-1347519165_thumb.jpost-26878-0-52565900-1347519171_thumb.j

Welcome aboard Adam, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in your header you might be happily surprised to find how many like minded folk live withing visiting distance. It's good for finding tools, equipment, beer, etc.

I'm no bladesmith though I have made a couple. Keep to stock removal, they are valuable skills to have in your mental tool kit. Then as you get a forging kit together spend some time learning to forge before you start on knives. Not only is forging a delightfully addictive pursuit having a handle on the craft will make it more likely you'll be successful earlier on with blades.

Frosty The Lucky.

Hey Frosty,

Thanks for the welcome, I am all for finding beers..... I mean tools. Just updated my profile to show my home town, hopefully other Perthites will make themselves known. I fear this will all become a delightfully addictive pursuit, but we all need our vices right :)

Take care
Adam.