I Forge Iron

Young Smiths pics

I am home for a couple days but will be heading back to TX for the Young Smiths demo at the "Lee Brothers" shop Saturday. I put the camera pics on this album and then stuck the pics and videos I took with my phone at the end of the camera pics. We had an incredible time with these young men. Traveled to the ABANA Conference, then went to Mount Rushmore, stopped off and saw Crazy Horse, headed to Yellowstone, then on to the class at the Zoo in Billings Montana then made the long haul to Bryan TX and got a pic of Pikes Peak on the way. Will finish up this journey at the Lee Brothers shop Saturday. We all will remember this for the rest of our lives. Thank you to everyone that made this possible. The young smiths concept, seems to be a bit catching. Hopefully this is the start of something that will continue everywhere.

https://picasaweb.google.com/LDWynn/YoungSmithsOnTheRoad?authuser=0&feat=directlink

IMG_7665.JPG

These young men show real coordination and team work that reflects their practice and they certainly deserve recognition for it. I know this sort of thing isn't really new. This is just one example of efficient hand forging technique. But craftsmanship becoming hip is an idea I think is good for the future and worth promoting. Great demo to all those involved, and thanks for the pictures/video.