I Forge Iron

Getting a new anvil, as in brand new

I have thought about it long and hard, and searched the darkest corners of the internet, spoken with many people, tried many out, asked alot of question and I have arrived at the answer of what brand new anvil to get, and I have settled on one of Jymm Hoffman's Continental double horn designs. Made in USA, cast at an American Foundry of H13 means alot to me. Jymm is an incredibly talented guy, he came to demo at my local guild in NY and then I saw him again at the guild here in MD and it's always a pleasure to watch him work. Kinda small at 110 pounds, but having tried them they work like an anvil twice the size with the mass properly put under the face, plus it will be easy to move/transport. I am very excited!

http://www.hoffmansforge.com/anvils

Hey Sam, I think you made a good choice, based on some solid reasons. I love the design of these anvils, although i really wish there was a 200lb option.

That being said, the nicest faced anvil I have is a 90lb Fisher made anvil, and it really moves a lot of metal since I made a stand that weighs a couple hundred lbs. Way more than the 200lb Fisher with a wobbly wood stand.

thanks guys!

Mike truer words never said "they are on the light side for me" hehe. I agree completely, I think Jymm makes an awesome quality product.

Mark, I have lusted after them since I tried one, let alone just the plain desire for a brand new anvil! you can come over and use it anytime :D

• 1 month later...