I Forge Iron

burner help

AJAX

so i have thought about it, and i think i am going to build the burner on this website:
http://makingcustomknives.com/how-to-build-a-propane-forge-burner-video/
the thing is, he doesn't talk about what to do to hook it up to a propane tank. what i need is more of a shopping list. i don't know what kind of valves to get or how to connect the brass nipples to the propane hose, or where to get a hose for that matter. and should a get some kind of gauge? any help would be appreciated.

Well what I would do is to go to a good propane dealer---not just a BBQ tank refiller---and talk with them---bring the pieces to show and tell they you need a high pressure regulator like a redhat.

In my small rural town they would jaw a while with you to figure out what you *want to do* and then whip out the pieces and build the necessary hose and fittings in real time and only charge me for the materials. Be sure to make something for them to display in the office---having the propane folks as friends is worth money in the bank!