I Forge Iron

Fifth generation blacksmith brothers forge Swiss Guard harnesses

It is amazing 500 years later and the smithing methods haven't changed
They must have been doing something right to produce such quality.
I'm still trying to figure out how they survived without Ipads,pods and apps and CNC(sarcasm)

From what I remember from one of my posts....someone stated ( para phrased )......." just because someone has a five generation history in blacksmithing, doesn't mean he was doing it right ".......... (however, I disagree ).... They look like the five generations paid off, I guess sometimes, five generations worth of experience works....who would have thought ?. Always keep an open mind

Gents,

Austria produces some exceptional metal work, both modern and traditional. Liebeeher Crane corp comes to mind. They produce unbelievalbe machinery out of a small factory near Bludens. Spent some time there surveying machinery for delivery and it was impressive.

The folks working the facility were multi generatioanal employees from the same famlies. The only time they took off was for mandatory military service between 17-19 years of age. Other than that, most were employed in one place (company) for their entire career. From an Amercian perspective it was an eye opener in regard the employer vs employee relationship we are used to seeing.

The local environment supplied world class skiing, good fly fishing, great food and very friendly and brotherly people.

Peter