I Forge Iron

saving books

Drewy

Thanks Frank I call it an overnight bag. Still there both not big enought to put your fave books in when in a hurry, suit case with wheels will be required if the occassion reoccurs.

Drewy

Drewy, the difference between a bug out bag and an overnite bag is the possibility of not having anything to return to. Bug out has copies of important files etc as stated before, overnite is just a change of clothes and a toothbrush etc. The bugout bag is so when you have to "bugout" in a hurry and don't expect to return or have anything to return to, hence the important documents.
smith out

Thomas good luck for the coming season, I hope all your planning efforts won't be needed. How do you go lighting a forge when the condition are hot and there is a total fire ban in place?? here in Australia I use to ring fire control centre at the begining of the season let them know what I was doing, and how I would control a possible out break of fire, once I explained its my living and not a hobby they would give me the ok. Total fire bans here can last the whole summer.

Well generally I'm forging *inside* a metal building and using propane during open fire bans as the propane forge counts the same as our propane kitchen stove.

I try not to evade restrictions as they really are there for a reason out here. Now it kinda huts to be restricted to propane forges at "medieval events" but if it's that or no forge I grit my teeth and hide the forge as much as possible.

Supposed to hit 40 degC next week; I may be spending more time with the books than with the forge.