I Forge Iron

Hey

Hello guys. I thought it would be pretty appropriate to introduce myself and get to know everybody here. I'm from Killeen, TX and living in Tacoma, WA. I'm currently going to school to be a Machinist apprentice and welding.

I've been distracted with gunsmithing because I wanted to be a competitive shooter but after searching for a new knife, I wanted to go back to bladesmithing & blacksmithing again. Hopefully I'll be able to take some classes soon and buy some equipment and show you guys what I've been up to lately.

Thanks for reading guys and I hope you have a great day.

Welcome aboard Danny, glad to have you. Have you hooked up with the NWBA? They're a pretty active group and there's nothing like having a group to ask questions, visit and get hands on help with. Oh yeah, they have classes or should I say there are members who offer classes.

How are you liking cool humidity instead of HOT humidity, or are you from HOT dry country?

Frosty The Lucky.

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! I agree, hook up with the NWBA group. some great folks up there and willing to help newbies. When you get back home you need to hook up with the Balcones Forge group. They are the folks nearest you. Meeting in Austin, Marble Falls, etc. Good to have ya and look forward to seeing some of your work.

Frosty - I actually HATE humidity in general haha It prevents me to do a lot of things in the summer. I feel like I want to move somewhere extremely dry and hot, that would be perfect.

I was actually thinking about getting a membership with NWBA soon, I actually just found out about them since I know absolutely no one who is into anything but firearms related things.

Thomas Dean - I'll look into the Balcones Forge group (and go Texas Longhorns!). I should be forging soon but it might take some time since I have to start selling all my gunsmithing stuff for blacksmithing stuff haha.