I Forge Iron

Hello from Germany

Sven

Hello everybody. My name is Sven. I'm 31 years old and come from Hanover.
Two years ago my hobby knivemaking brought me to the blacksmithing.
In the meantime i have mastered the forgewelding, quenching, Mokume Gane and the base lessons in smithing. The blacksmithing scene here in Germany has a very familiar atmosphere and it seems to me thats so all around the world.
So i hope you will excuse my bad English :)

Sven

This two knives where my first try in forgewelding. Just to test my selfmade Gasforge :)
Ok...i've got some little help from some excellent blacksmiths at an Hammer-In.
It is so much easier if someone shows you this little trickys that makes the difference. Since then i have never lost one package.
Contrary to this, Mokume Gane is my love-hate relationship. Don't know how many packages i have dropped on the floor before i have figured out my own little tricks :cool:

Ciao Sven

BP064 Mokume Gane by Milt Gere addresses the subject, but I would like to see how Sven does it also.

Sven follow the pattern set up in the other blueprints, lots of photos and enough text to explain what is happening. Email me (or use the contact form on the opening page) and I will give you a email address to send the material so it can be worked up and posted on IForgeIron as a Blueprint.