I Forge Iron

RATS! Power hammer yard art

A week? I had a car that went that slow once, ended up getting rid of it.  Seriously you can drive across Oz in a couple of days, I did'nt think NZ was that big.

I reckon 3 days to get down to the hammer and 3 back, and maby an extra day if you miss the boat from the south island

• 1 month later...

what I never understand about those "nostalgic" stories is that if in fact it was there "dads" and they are so emotionally attached... why not have more RESPECT for the hammer, at least get it indoors out of the weather.... or better yet sell it to some one that will apply its highest and best use. 

what I never understand about those "nostalgic" stories is that if in fact it was there "dads" and they are so emotionally attached... why not have more RESPECT for the hammer, at least get it indoors out of the weather.... or better yet sell it to some one that will apply its highest and best use. 

This hammer wound up on CL a couple of months ago for $3000 obo and it has disappeared........It was probably worth that much but I was hoping to get it for far less.....somebody got a good hammer.... B)

When I realized that I would no longer be able to do heavy smithing anymore I sold my gear, I know my sons wouldn't respect my gear anymore than they would a dog xxxx. I know that the man who bought from me is a good decent tool loving man and when and if he sells it will be to another decent tool loving man. Plan ahead with your tools and then they won't be communing with the weeds, bugs and covered with bird poop like most of the monuments created in honor of famous generals.

Life in johnstown................................................................Good question. Intelligent life? Not not an over abundance of that...... We gots our very own radio station though... :wub: ....http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC0QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftunein.com%2Fradio%2FKHNC-1360-s16926%2F&ei=2b3UUei1MoHwigLm1oGoAw&usg=AFQjCNFrAXxyLBgaB0CbUd26xKr3EYdtdw&sig2=XIA8ToheropVyKGMu6iu6g&bvm=bv.48705608,d.cGE&cad=rja

Yeah, I'm a RMS member, come on up sometime, mb  B)