I Forge Iron

Hello there! Long time no see. I have been busy with studying this year so havent been able to work in the forge proparly since summer! (yes it IS killing me tongue.gif) But I´ve finally had the chance to dust off my anvil and start a new project!

First one out is a folder, now this style of knife (folder) is totaly new to me, but found a picture on the web of a beatuiful arceological find and just had to try it.

Well enough of my babling, heres some pics cool.gif

post-29098-13335654404398.jpg

post-29098-13335654650534.jpg

post-29098-13335654810368.jpg

post-29098-13335654960635.jpg

The blade is made of a bandsaw from the garbagebinn at my studyingplace and the wood is from a pallet my dad piced up somewhere, looks like some kind of excotic wood, smells like peppermint. made the little spacer in the back of brass and the pins are (i hope) stainless steel.

GOD it´s good to be back in the forge again happy.gif

Hope you like it and take care!

-Jens

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Klingen Museum in Solingen Germany has an example of a roman folding knife in it. For a medieval example "Knives and Scabbards, Museum of London" has a good example. *lots* of history behind folding knives!

oooh, better get me going on a pilgrimage soon then :F thanks I´ll look into that. Sorry for the slow reply Thomas, but thanks you =)