I Forge Iron

Any smiths near Dresden, Tennessee?

Shadow3698

I'm new to the smithing stuff and haven't even used a forge, though I would like to learn how and start my own forge when I get the money and knowledge on how to actually smith things. I was wondering if there are any smiths near Dresden, Tennessee, looking for an apprentice or just wanting to teach someone the basics. Please contact me if you have some information or would like to actually teach someone your craft. I can be reached on here or my phone if that's more appropriate (though it goes out on the 7th). Let me know if you need my number to contact me at a better time or a faster response.

Thank you, William

P.S. I'm 16 if that creates an issue for anyone.

Howdy from East TEXAS!! and welcome to IFI! Don't worry about the age thing....not unless all you want to start out learning is how to make a sword. Dave Custer is a prime example of what you can do if you listen, study and apply yourself to this art. Read and study ALL you can hear for there is a TON of info. Just check the archives or do a search to any questions you have first, IF you can't find it there then ask...most of your ??'s will have already been asked and answered I'm sure.

OK guys/gals. This could very easily be another "Dave" in the making! I'm in East TEXAS, just a tad too far from Dresden, TN, to be much hands on help or I would step up. Good luck to you William!

Dresden, Tennessee is in north west Tennessee. It may be a long way to Texas but almost as far to east Tennessee without even leaving the state. Check out http://www.appalachianblacksmiths.org/ There are some blacksmiths in that area that will be happy for you to attend their meetings and you will probably find a mentor. Two of the local forges are Clarksville Warioto Forge Blacksmith’s, - not meeting at this time - see Possum Trot Forge for the Clarksville area. and Possum Trot Forge -- Meets the last Sunday of each month, 1:00 pm at the Adams Museum located behind the old Bell School building on Highway 41 in Adams, Tennessee. NewsletterLink