I Forge Iron

Bottle Opener

Daniel.85

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Daniel,

Very cool openers! I really like the buisness end being two "seperate" pieces, makes them rather unique.

If I may be so bold, I would suggest that you try forge welding the folded end together and drawing it out in a scroll of some sort, maybe a fish tail.

Even if you havn't forge welded yet or your forge can't get hot enough, one can still draw out the folded over part a bit to give that back end a bit more grace and a place to hang it from.

Either way, very original work!

Caleb Ramsby

Hey Daniel,

Very cool openers! I really like the buisness end being two "seperate" pieces, makes them rather unique.

If I may be so bold, I would suggest that you try forge welding the folded end together and drawing it out in a scroll of some sort, maybe a fish tail.

Even if you havn't forge welded yet or your forge can't get hot enough, one can still draw out the folded over part a bit to give that back end a bit more grace and a place to hang it from.

Either way, very original work!

Caleb Ramsby

I like the Idea of welding and scrolling the back end, Im using a chili habanero forge so getting up to forge welding temp isnt too hard. I might try it but I dont think It would be worth the extra time and fuel to do on all of them, I run the forge at just 6psi with one burner when making these, fast and efficient.