I Forge Iron

Build Your Own Burner Video

Dave Hammer

Do you have a file that we can save? YouTube won't let me save it.

Thanks

I have no current intentions of taking the video down from YouTube. If you copy the link from your browser URL line (while it's running), then save it in a file somewhere (paste), you can run the video anytime.

• 2 weeks later...

Dave...I enjoyed your video and am gathering the parts to make aburner now. Did I understand that the tip of the mig fitting is to be at the bottom of the holes? So all the air comes in above the propane?

During the video, I say to put the end of the mig tip at the center of the bottom hole, which will work fine. That would be 1/4 inch above the bottom of the lower hole. This placement is not necessarily critical..... I've also run the burner with an orfice further back.

• 1 year later...

Dave thanks for the video,  I just finished a burner with specs from it.  I could not get it to fire at all,  I moved the flair in and out and the tip in and out.  I finally put my hand around the air intake and blocked off the first row of holes and it fired right up and burned a pretty blue, I removed my hand and it immediately went out.  I came back in and looked at your video to check that the .025 mig tip was right,  and even though it was I changed it to .035 and it fires right up.  I sure thought I followed your video to the letter but...  

If you have any ideas I would love to know,  thanks again,        Flemish