I Forge Iron

New to me

Have to thank Clinton for the heads up on this one. Henry Wright 126. Not sure if it's lbs or stone weight. She has a few dings, but not a bad score for $300 bucks. Anyway this led into buying a 7in Peter Wright vice from the guy as well. The thing is a monster.
Mark
I'm have issues with loading photos but I'll get'em up.

Nice score- that is a sweet looking anvil. Upon further investigation (Anvils in America) Mr Postman reports only finding11 Henry Wright anvils as of 1995. So it seems quite rare, he also reports that the weight is usually in actual pounds and he found only one that was marked in stone weight- stamped on the opposite side from the trade mark.
I had no idea that this seller had a vise also- lucky for you I was not working at the time also so I had to pass it straight to you. I will pick stuff up and re-sell when I find a good deal. I make a few bucks, not a big mark up.
So that is a Henry Wright vise? They are sweet, I just sold one to Fewood last year- found it at the antique fair in Moss Landing.

Nice score! I find that having both a big vise and a small vise close to the forge is handy---small for small work and the big for big work---you can suck all the heat out of a small piece in a big vise just getting it closed and trying to twist 2" stock in a 4" vise is hard on it!