I Forge Iron

Hey Yall

Kevin W

I found this sight B4 christmas while looking for pictures of little giant brakes. Thanks for the high res. pictures here. Seems to be quite a bit of diverse knowledge nocking around too. Don't expect much from me in that direction, but I'll give what I can. I've been blacksmithin for a living for a while now intend to keep it that way. I work out of LA (lower Alabama)

Kevin

This is a chandelier from a couple of months ago, mostly 1 1/2" pipe, 7' wide. I also made the 15' or so of chain it hangs from. I havn't gotten any good pics of it after install, or the 1/2 size version of the one in the pic , or the dining room fixture with the 5 copper repp. lamp shades.

I do more furniture and railing than anything else, just a little copper work, kinda artsy. I'm intrested in aluminum and stainless having moved close to the coast here but havnt found that job yet. More than anything lately though, I've been talking on the phone and making type o's in e-mail addresses.

Hope the picture makes it.

Kevin W

post-23703-0-36027200-1327099476_thumb.j

Welcome to I Forge Iron Kevin

Anything you are willing to share will be appreciated.

As you can see the skill and experience levels found at I Forge Iron
will range from “this is my first day”, to “highly skilled Blacksmiths and Knife Makers”
who hover over the top of the heap of craftsmanship.

The advantage of mixing every level of experience and skill in the same bucket here at I Forge Iron is that I think helps polish all of our skills of understanding.

Many times a new person asks a question that the answer is generally thought to be a given. Then it turns out that it is not! And at times the feathers will fly!

Questions from any level of skill sometime initiates an interesting “Point” and “counter Point” discussion.
The bottom line is that we all gain from this process.

I say all of that to say, "please understand that your input is important". This site was built on the concept of sharing information.

I wish you the very best as you progress forward!
Ted Throckmorton

PS. NICE WORK! :)