I Forge Iron

You Tube movie.

Thinus

Thanks for assisting. :)

A ox/ac or ox/propane torch with a gas saver is it able to heat peaces of metal in about 12mm in diameter efficient to forge small articles?

A Fly Press look like a very useful tool ,but unfortunately very scares around here .

Thanks
Thinus

This is my setup. From the properties looks like it was built in 2005. Smith brand gas saver. This shows the welding station behind the forge and also across the table in the front ( mig and torch and air lines can pass through to either side). The answer is yes on the OA torch being able to heat 12 mm (roughly 7/16) to forging heat but that is not really efficient or cheap. If you have a forging you are working on and wish to re-heat only a small part for further work it is more than handy. It IS however a fast way to do a small project without firing a coal or gas forge. i weld with this torch, the mig and the stick. Yes it is indeed handy for heading rivets, tweaking parts etc and only need to select the right tip.

post-25-0-28869600-1321372247_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-14004700-1321372427_thumb.jpg

post-25-0-73238700-1321372659_thumb.jpg