I Forge Iron

fisher 8

As a "colonial" piece is has value to antique buyers even with the crack. Get a write up on it as how it's form matches anvils from the 1700's, perhaps a few pictures of other documented colonial anvils and set it out sometime a local town has an antique sale going on. Perhaps while you demonstrate at it...

As a smith the anvil takes a hefty cut in price due to the crack; for a display piece it doesn't---just got to sell to the right crowd!

this is a huge help any advice as to pricing for it or just stick to the 1buck a lb line
i have on my wish list a copy of Anvils in America so one of these days i will be a bit better informed
anyway thankyou for taking the time to give me a hand/information
it was well worth the effort of going from lurker to getting a account set up i have loved this sight since i found it a few months back

• 3 weeks later...

i sold it for 80$s but still waiting for him to come pick it up
the guy is just starting out and $80 bucks seemed not half bad to me i would have liked more but this was a stretch for him as it was
and hey its 80 more bucks to put in the buy a bigger anvil jar

Edited by Bigred1o1