I Forge Iron

first pics uniSphere

well the first day went well, a few broken pieces.... previous welds were not that good, ours weren't perfect either...swinging around in that bucket,.. it was tough but we made them stick. I have a few vids and pics coming , but here is a few for now , the first is Sri Lanka the piece that started the whole thing,.....it went near the top, I don't know if it was summer or winter when they figured that out, I must have had the zoom on with the- to the ground pics, because it was pretty high, I loved every minute, even though I'm an old geezer, my helper thought I was going to fall out because I was standing on the edge of the bucket to make the weld,

post-12486-0-86149200-1313622217_thumb.j

post-12486-0-83672300-1313622235_thumb.j

post-12486-0-06921300-1313622250_thumb.j

post-12486-0-44899400-1313622263_thumb.j

post-12486-0-84767800-1313622278_thumb.j

I went to the world fair in new york as a boy. That is great love the pictures. What a exciting chance of a lifetime. I was thinking about it this is what you needed for the job

http://www.zena.net/htdocs/welders/BPW.shtml#Top
BACKPAK WELDERS
GO TO BACKPAK WELDERS IN ONLINE STORE
Backpak Welders
BPW150T Ultra-compact/lightweight/portable fully self-contained engine driven 150A 100% duty cycle hi-frequency DC mobile welding system -- under 65lb -- mounted on welded aluminum backpack frame w/20ft. welding/control cables+5 qt fuel tank+harness
Price
84 lb.
Backpak Welders
BPW150 Ultra-compact/lightweight/portable engine driven 150A 100% duty cycle hi-frequency DC mobile welding system -- external tank model -- under 60lb -- mounted on welded aluminum backpack frame w/20ft. welding/control cables+harness
Price
82 lb.

I went to the world fair in new york as a boy. That is great love the pictures. What a exciting chance of a lifetime. I was thinking about it this is what you needed for the job

that is a great looking machine.......not that I would wear it.....i would fix it to the side of the bucket and add a few feet of cable, I think I i'll look into that one. I have more pics yet to be loaded. some from today....the last day.....we re-did Viet->Nam .....sorry,,

Mr. Snagle....Worlds Fair...april, 64....Flushing Meadow park , Queens ,N.Y.

FTC....the exhaust might choke us if the wind isn't right

• 4 weeks later...

the "rings" are held on by cables which were put through the 8" SS tube before the tubes were welded together, one cable pulled out .....I made a SS ring, welded it on and fed a new SS cable through, then we started welding supports to hold the countries on. the crane was $30,000 so we had to hurry a bit. I'm sure they are working a plan to get us back up there, we were only able to get a few supports on before the money ran out, and reattach Sri Lanka