I Forge Iron

Birthday Rose for my Wife

Beautiful rose, absolutely. I'm curious about the stand though. Is the stand and the base all one piece? It looks good no matter what, but if it's forged from a single piece you're not getting near enough credit for it!
Like I said, it looks good either way.

Beautiful rose, absolutely. I'm curious about the stand though. Is the stand and the base all one piece? It looks good no matter what, but if it's forged from a single piece you're not getting near enough credit for it!
Like I said, it looks good either way.

The stand is a single piece of 1/4 x 1. I slit it 6" and opened it it up to 4" round. The top part was drawn down to 1/2 wide.

Very nice Steve! The important thing is these projects is how much the wife likes it.

Of course she loves it, wives love ANYTHING we make them, it's part of the deal but you can tell by the tone and or expression if they actually LOVE it or are just saying so because of the deal.

Frosty the Lucky.

The Rose is beautiful.
Because your are giving it to your wife says you think that she is beautiful. :wub:
And somehow it makes you not only a good craftsman, but a good husband!

There are a lot of perks for being a blacksmith! :)

The best to ya!
Ted Throckmorton

Now, what you have to realize is that at no time should you suggest that, having given her a flower that will not wilt, you are not obligated to get her fresh flowers again. This does not go over well, even if she knows you are joking! In fact, you would be well advised to go immediately buy her a nice bouquet should you ever make such an utterance. I speak from experience. :)