I Forge Iron

only info was that it does have a mark on the side thats hard to make out because of pitting / paint - circular in shape and that she does not ring loud though the face is hard. will be taking a peak tomorrow AM. cross fingers.

Just got it home. Confirmed fisher with the eagle on the side. Very good condition. Has to be at least 175lb but have not weighed it yet. total cost: $250 + he threw in about 30 used farrier rasps to hammer on.

will clean it up, weigh it and take some pics.

Just got it home. Confirmed fisher with the eagle on the side. Very good condition. Has to be at least 175lb but have not weighed it yet. total cost: $250 + he threw in about 30 used farrier rasps to hammer on.

Whatever if weighs, you got a great anvil and a great deal. Use it properly and it will last many lifetimes.

Check to see if it has a date under the heel. Thanks.

The weight mark on the leg is a 25, indicating about 250 lbs. They were never exact. 1935 is the year is was made. You have a few edge chips, but they can be worked around. I would not attempt any repairs. The other marks were foundry marks, but they are on no consequence.

Your anvil was made at the original Fisher foundry in Trenton, NJ. If you ever in the NJ area, hit me up for a tour of the museum with all of the remaining artifacts. This offer is for everyone in the blacksmithing community.

Thank you Njanvilman - I greatly appreciate the detail. It felt quite a bit heavier than the stated 175. This is a huge upgrade over my beat up 170lb trenton farrier anvil. If I am ever in NJ I will ensure to stop by :)