I Forge Iron

Pagan Searching...

Hi there!

My name is Asphodel and I am a member of the Brisbane pagan community. I am just wondering if there are any masters who would be interested in teaching an eager individual how to blacksmith. I realise that this may be a sensitive subject to christian peoples out there and for that I do apologise. There is a MASSIVE demand for quality ritual equipment ie cauldrons, athame (ritual knives used to direct energy not for physical cut) and etcetera. If there is anyone in the brisbane area who would interested in casually apprenticing me so that i can learn to create these objects please contact me.

Thank you and blessings

Hey Asphodel,

Welcome to IFI. There are lots of people from all beliefs and walks of life here. I am sure that there are some that will be able to help you. Thanks for the apology, not necessary. There are things out there that offend everyone. I hope your search goes well for a teacher and that you are able to learn what you need and enjoy the ride as you go.
Have a blessed day. :D

Mark <><

The religious background of the student has never had any effect on teaching them blacksmithing in my experience; I've taught folks from most of the major religions and quite a few of the minor ones including traditional and neo pagans.

How you choose to modify your learning to reflect your beliefs is up to you---as far as I'm concerned we're ALL blacksmith's here and that's what we are here for!

I'd try to find the best *teacher* you can get no matter what their background and then go on from there.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to blacksmithing.
You have come to the right place to find information.
ABAQLD http://www.blacksmiths-australia.com/index_files/Page448.htm is about getting everyone that is interested in hitting hot metal a go.
Check it out , talk to mike, come & have some fun.
Any worries let me know.