I Forge Iron

Looking to meet blacksmiths in Northern Delaware

Hi,

I live in Wilmington, Delaware and want to get started blacksmithing now that school is almost over for the summer. With fuel prices and my work schedule I have not been able to make it to any of the ABANA meetings. I think the closest one is over an hour away in Maryland.

I am trying to meet some people that live within a 45 min drive of Wilmington, DE that enjoy working with metal and would be willing to work with a novice. If you are willing to drive further, I have some space on my lot and am in the process of setting up a small shop so we could work out of my house.

Thanks,

Karl

The closest guild is likely:

MID-ATLANTIC SMITHS ASSOCIATION

Pres: David Hutchison
31834 Geib Road
Cordova MD 21625
(410) 310-3347
farmanvil@yahoo.com

Ed: Nick Willoughby
P.O. Box 39
Trappe, MD 21673
(410) 253-3541
swordude@hotmail.com

---------------------------------------
While it may be an hour or so drive for you, I would ****highly**** recommend attending at least one day of the yearly BGCM blacksmithing conference to watch a few demonstrations and to see if you can find any deals on tools that you might need from the folks tailgating.

The yearly blacksmithing conference of the Blacksmith Guild of Central Maryland [bGCM], is May 14-15, at the Carroll County Farm Museum in Westminster Maryland. Frank Turley is one of the two main demonstrators.